Your first lesson is considered a trial lesson and is absolutely free *.
This lesson is extremely important because it is where the student and instructor first meet, get to know each other, see if they are a good match, and also discuss the student’s goals and obstacles. During this lesson, the instructor will also have the opportunity to determine the student’s level.
The free trial lesson lasts 30 minutes and consists of the following:
- greeting and brief conversation;
- questions the teacher has about student’s level;
- questions the student has about the teacher’s education and experience;
- a short text used to evaluate the student’s grasp of the main language skills, including grammar, reading, speaking, listening and writing;
- selection of study materials (to be sent to the student in electronic form);
- a homework assignment
The free trial lesson is guaranteed to every student regardless of how many lessons they wish to receive (1 or 10). This means that if you sign up for one lesson you receive two: one free and another paid!
* Does not include sessions used for assessment testing or for individual consultation with parents of bilingual children.